Harrow Community Radio (HCR) has been set up as a project to engage with the community who live and work in the London Borough of Harrow and act as a platform for them to have a voice, which may not other wise be heard.
The 6 main objectives of the station are:
1. To entertain, inspire and enrich the local community.
2. To provide an outlet for the local arts; whether they are groups, individuals or events in the fields of music, drama and the spoken word.
3. To promote local business, services, tourism and community groups.
4. To raise awareness of issues, which affect the community we live in.
5. To give people in the area the chance to access training in radio and social skills and gain qualifications in radio production leading to higher levels of employability regardless of experience.
6. To bring people together and promote equality to everyone regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities or religious beliefs.
Above all we want all participants whether volunteers or listeners to enjoy and feel a need to make a positive difference to the area and make it a friendly and enjoyable place to live.
If you want to get involved with the station or to find out more information click on the Contact Us Page